Monday, April 13, 2015

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

16143347
1 Star
 
“If you want to live where people are not afraid of mice, you must give up living in palaces.”

After reading We Were Liars I’ve come to the conclusion that there might be only two types of people in the world. Those who are fascinated by the glitz and glamour of the lifestyle of the Kennedy family and those who would rather hear all of the gory details about the train wreck which are the Bouviers. Wanna guess which camp I’d route for???

Dallas Commercial Photography

I don’t think there’s a lot of middle ground to be had with this book. It’s very much love it or hate it and obviously from my rating I hated it. The writing style was shallow and perturbed me to no end, the characters were superficial and completely unrelatable, and the “shocking ending” only works if you gave a shit about any of the characters in the first place . . . which I did not. If you want to read a whole lot of nothing about some unlikeable rich buttholes, this is a good choice, but if you’d rather spend your time on some real interesting characters, I recommend watching the documentary Grey Gardens instead . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

ARC requested and DENIED from NetGalley. I should say “thank you, NetGalley” but instead I’m an idiot who put herself on the waiting list at the library in order to read this pile of stink.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment