Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Locke & Key Volume 4: Keys to the Kingdom by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez

9674335
4 Stars
 
You guys are all aware of the fact that I’m an idiot, right? Yeah, I thought so. Just to confirm, I’m going to tell you a little secret. I accidentally started reading Locke and Key Volume 5 instead of 4 the other day. Luckily I figured out my mistake once I made it past Chapter 1 (which was a flashback). Then I started reading what I thought was Keys to the Kingdom only to find myself reading . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

Calvin and Hobbes?

Dallas Commercial Photography

These allergy meds are really something! Okay, let’s go with it. Welcome to Locke and Key Volume 4: Keys to the Kingdom Bill Watterson style . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

Talk about a volume with freaky fast delivery. Holy moses! There is a lot of focus on “game playing” this go around with old keys like the Giant Key, as well as performing a little memory swappage with help of the Head Key . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

but there’s also the introduction of new keys like the Animal Key that allows you to . . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

and the Herkules-Schlüssel which grants the user super strength and the ability to handily take down any opponent . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

Also in this volume, Tyler finally begins to get wise of the whole Zack situation that culminates in a tussle of epic proportions and a cliffhangery ending that makes me soooooo thankful I have Volume 5 queued up and ready . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment