Thursday, April 23, 2015

Locke & Key Vol. 6: Alpha & Omega by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez

16164271
5 Stars
 
“Keys turn both ways . . .”

Me =

Dallas Commercial Photography

but, you know, less lumpy.

If you follow my reviews you already know that comic books – graphic novels? – whatever the f*&^ is the politically correct term – are something new I’ve recently added to my reading repertoire. I was lucky enough to snag all six volumes of Locke & Key from the library at once. However, as soon as I sat down with Welcome to Lovecraft I found myself mesmerized, kinda like this guy . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

and knew there was no way I was going to rush through them. After receiving an overdue notice from the library for Alpha & Omega I figured it was probably time to suck it up and finish. And now I want to go back and start all over. This is definitely a series that I will be purchasing for my own bookshelves.

This last volume was absolutely perfect. No i is left undotted, no t is left uncrossed. All of the mysteries of Key House are explained and a most unlikely hero emerges, which left me just . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

Per usual, the artwork was brilliant and mesmerizing with all of the detail . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

I can’t forget to mention the writing? Maybe this is why the term “graphic novel” was started. Locke & Key truly read like a novel . . .

“Death isn’t the end of your life, you know. Your body is a lock. Death is the key. The key turns . . . and you’re free. To be anywhere, everywhere. Two places at once. Nowhere. Part of the background hum of the universe.”

And if none of that has worked to convince you that you should probably give this a shot – how about a little “Anarchy in the U.K.”????

Dallas Commercial Photography

What a long, strange trip this has been Mr. Hill and Mr. Rodriguez. I can’t thank you enough for taking me on it.

Dallas Commercial Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment