Friday, February 28, 2014

Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich

2 Stars
 
Seriously? A synopsis? It’s the 20th book in the series. You know what its about. The only difference is this one has a character we haven’t seen before . . .


Einstein once said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. After the twentieth edition of Stephanie Plum getting kidnapped, shot at, blown up (for some reason that doesn’t happen this time around), burned up, broken down and busted in one way, shape or form – as well as the twentieth time I sat down and read all of the aforementioned misadventures, I figure we are both insane.

What can I say about book #20. It’s more than a little stale and the laughs came less frequently. Can I really say I expect anything else from a series that has been dragging on for 20 years? (Seriously - One for the Money originally came out TWENTY years ago.) Twenty years of our indecisive little Stephanie bumbling around with skips and bumbling around trying to figure out if Ranger or Joe is the man for her. I have no idea how long Janet E. plans to keep Plum going, but I’m a glutton for punishment, so I’m sure I’ll be right there ready to read them (and at some point start hating them) – however many there are.

Me =

No comments:

Post a Comment