Friday, February 7, 2014

Man Up! Tales of My Delusional Self-Confidence by Ross Mathews

3 Stars
 
From being bullied as a kid to breaking into stardom as “Ross the Intern” and everything in between – Ross Mathews shares how he has “manned up” to various situations life has thrown him.

I’m not a Leno fan (but I can’t WAIT for Fallon to take over the timeslot, baby!) and have a love/hate relationship with Chelsea Handler (specifically, I hate her face and her voice, but I love reading her books), so my knowledge of Ross Mathews is from video snippets that have made their way to viral status on the interwebs and his appearance on “America’s Next Top Model” (don’t judge – wait, judge away ‘cause I know I would). Chosen as part of the Kansas City Public Library’s Winter Reading Challenge - the theme being “Stop Me If You’ve Read This One” (a/k/a funny books) – I picked this up because I had read most of the other “comedian books”.

What I discovered? Mathews’ is adorable. In fact, almost everything in this book is adorable. (Except for his friendship with Gwyneth Paltrow. I mean, seriously, of all the stars in all of La-La-Land, you choose “Goop” as the bestie of your dreams????) Warning: Good luck reading even one paragraph without Mathews’ voice in your head. If you don’t know what he sounds like, Google it. Truly unforgettable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment