Wednesday, February 13, 2019

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

40396699
4 Stars

The Silent Patient starts with a bang . . . . literally. The catalyst to all that is to come takes the form of a woman being accused of shooting her husband in the face five times . . . .



Mitchell says this is the perfect book to read for Valentine’s Day.

The book says . . . .

“As you will see, it’s an incredible story – of that there is no doubt.
Whether you believe it or not is up to you.”


I say I wanted to comment about how “meh” I was feeling about the book in general and more particularly the progress I was making . . . . and then I looked and I was at 56% in what seemed like zero minutes. This one earns its stars for the pages apparently turning themselves. Yes, you have to suspend disbelief in order to have a good time, but if you are able to do so a good time you most certainly will have as therapist Theo gets his patient Alicia to speak again.

No comments:

Post a Comment