Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley

41429961
4 Stars

Ahhhhhhh, a gathering of old friends. You know the sort . . . .











Oh wait, not exactly the same. This one features 9 long-time friends from Uni who gather together annually in order to celebrate New Year’s. Another difference this time around????

“I’ve found the missing guest . . . . I found a body . . . . I don’t think it was an accident.”

So we have:

a. A manor house
b. A dead body
c. EVERYONE’S a suspect

That may not be your particular cuppa, but for Mitchell and myself?????



Not an original idea by any stretch - The Hunting Party follows the standard formula of not only not knowing whodunit, but also not knowing who is dead and slowly rolling your way to both of those reveals. I don't care if it has been done a billion times, I still dug it. Comparisons to Ruth Ware’s In a Dark, Dark Wood are accurate. This is the type of story that you either love or hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment