Monday, July 21, 2014

Top Secret Twenty-One by Janet Evanovich

3 Stars
 
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ “Twenty-first verse, same as the first, but a little bit louder and a whole lot worse!

I’m Stephanie Plum, I am
Stephanie Plum, I am, I am,
I’ve been chasing FTAs for over fourscore
They blow up my house and kidnap me just like before” ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫
What can I even say when it comes to reviewing the twenty-first book in a series?

This edition follows the patented “Stephanie Plum Format” – Stephanie attempts to capture run-of-the-mill-bad guys (and fails), Stephanie attempts to capture actual-very-bad-bad guys (and fails), Stephanie attempts to keep her apartment and/or car from getting blown up (and fails), Stephanie attempts to have a normal romantic relationship (and fails), Stephanie attempts to keep Grandma in check (and fails), etc., etc.. After all that, at some point Stephanie gets kidnapped, Ranger comes and saves the day (but somehow Stephanie goes home to bang Joe), and we readers wait three to six months for the next installment to be released.

Will I rush to the library for #22? To quote the immortal words of Ranger . . . “Babe”


No comments:

Post a Comment