Monday, July 28, 2014

Hillary: Tail of the Dog by Angel Gelique

2 Stars
 
WARNING: This novel contains disturbingly explicit sexual and deviant content that may be considered offensive to some readers, including rape, torture and cannibalism.
They’re not lying, kids.



I read this because Shelby told me to. Well, not really. Actually, I’m pretty certain she tried to do the exact opposite, but I’m a glutton for punishment so I read it anyway. What did I find upon clicking the old Amazon one-click?

“a wire hanger, an empty can of vegetables that had [been] opened and drained into the kitchen sink (just needed the can – or rather, the sharp, jagged lid), several knives of various lengths and blades, a small grater, a corkscrew, a straw, a small container of toothpicks, a bottle of peroxide, blunt-tipped tweezers and a canister of salt . . . several screwdrivers, a pair of scissors and a pack of light bulbs”



Are you all familiar with the term F.U.B.A.R.?



Yep, that about sums it up. This book is completely f-ed up. The only thing I can think to compare it to when it comes to the gross-out factor is:



I’m giving this 2 Stars, because I’m completely befuddled on how to rate this book. I’ve never read anything like it before (and doubt I’ll actively seek out anything like it in the future). On story alone, it might have earned 2.5 or even 3, but with a “meh” title (I would never have even noticed this book were it not for my Goodreads friends reading it), horrible cover art, and enough typos to make me take note it’s lucky to be receiving a 2.

Completely worthy of the Van Der Beek barf gif. Read at your own risk.


No comments:

Post a Comment