Monday, December 2, 2019

Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen

35053870. sy475
2 Stars

Okay, the year is quickly ending, I find myself 11,000 reviews behind and a bunch of those aren’t really even worth me wasting my time on (like this one we can just label as Exhibit A) so I’m going to puke out a couple of sentences real quick and call it done. Brooklynaire was obviously released as an antithesis to all things Christian Grey . . . .



Not that I was a big fan of the Red Room of Pain, but at least something was going on.

You see, professional hockey team owner Nate is a billionaire with heart. He has loved his office manager Becca from afar for years and years (and apparently has chosen to show it by making her the office manager of a billion-dollar empire, but paying her so little that she lives in a shitty neighborhood in an apartment she winds up having to share with her sister, her sister’s baby and the baby daddy). When Becca suffers a concussion, Nate jumps at the opportunity to be her knight in shining armor – promptly moving her into his palace and opening up about his feelings in fairly short order. The two commence the banging, there’s a teensie little bit of very contrived drama thrown in and they get their happily ever after.

Everyone else but me loved this, so obviously I’m once again a wrongreader, but I found these characters, the sex, the (non-existent) plot and everything else about this to be sooooooooooooooooooooo . . . .



This was my first read by this author, but I actually have a couple of her other books on the Kindle. I need to get around to them to see if this was truly just me sucking a turtle or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment