Thursday, July 18, 2019

Bunny by Mona Awad

42815544
3.5 Stars

“We never joke about bunnies, Bunny.”
A new release with comparisons to an old high school fave?????



Obviously I had to read it. But now that it’s over I’m not exactly sure what to say. I stumbled across another review that said this book was so far up its own ass it wasn’t even funny. I’ll give you that Bunny is a book that is up its own ass, but that’s kind of the entire point . . . and it's most certainly pretty funny.

Please don’t get to thinking I suddenly believe myself to be smart enough to pick up on alllllllll that was being put down, but I did read a pretty bigly chunk of this with a smirk on my face because it was exactly what comes to my mind as soon as the term “MFA” starts being dropped around places such as Goodreads. I even chuckled a time or two while reading about the Ivy League elite’s creative struggles . . . .

“Now Eleanor, I hope you’re not writing about a boy too,” Fosco says. Eleanor suddenly smiles. “Of course not, Ursula. I’d never be that stupid. But as it turns out I brought the wrong story,” she says looking at me. “My mistake.”

And I can totally relate to how hard it is to get shit done with a bunch of stupid Bunnies fucking everything up and when not-so-boyfriend-material book boyfriends keep coming along to ruin a potentially good time. The only thing that would have made this better was if it were a musical. That would be absolutely . . . .



I have no clue who to recommend this to. Freaks and geeks???? Or anyone who seeks out experiences like this . . . .



Or anyone who would want to be in a book club with someone like Mitchell.

No comments:

Post a Comment