Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini


19476. sy475
1 Star

Let’s keep this one short and sweet. This was another book that was on my TBR for eternity. It got placed there due to my reaction to It’s Kind of a Funny Story. It finally made it to the currently reading stack (late, naturally) when I attempted to check out a copy for Young Adult Week. Good news is, I read it in a couple of hours. Bad news is, it was terrible. Lacking in character development and relying on the clichés that all boys are oversexed perverts who are lucky they haven’t gone blind despite their masturbatory tendencies and all girls are dumb sluts looking for validation from the nearest penis, it was clear I was pulling a Sergeant Murtaugh because I was most definitely “too old for this shit.” However, like so many things of late there’s a different version of this story that is pretty great . . . .



Maybe leave the book on the library shelves and track down your nearest community theater instead????

No comments:

Post a Comment