Thursday, August 2, 2018

You Were Made For This by Michelle Sacks


36341649
4.5 Stars

I really only have one reaction to share with you all regarding this book . . . .



I have never read something that made me so uncomfortable. If you know me, you know that’s saying a lot. You should also know that means I might maybe want to marry or at least be best friends with Michelle Sacks now. I just can't NOT love an author who is so willing to commit to going balls out into crazyville like she has done here.

Allow me to introduce you to Merry, Sam and their baby Conor . . . .

“If you saw us you’d probably hate us. We look like the cast of an insurance commercial: shiny, happy us. The perfect little family, living the perfect little life. Wasn’t that another perfect day? is what we always say at the end of days like these. A confirmation. A promise. A warding-off of any days that might be anything less.”

My Kindle note: “OH YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE ARE ASSHOLES!” <<< Quite the wordsmith, aren’t I?

You Were Made For This is the story of what happens when Merry’s lifelong friend Frank comes to visit, and the truth about Merry’s “perfect” life starts to come out.

I’m pretty sure I read at least half of the book like this . . . .



I’m not a big believer in posting spoilers (because I myself have no self-control and tend to click the reveal button only to kick myself for ruining everything) so I’m not going to post one here. However, I will say that this book features 100% vile, irredeemable characters engaging in deplorable acts. If you don’t think you can handle reading something like that, stay far far away because you will want to bleach your brain.

4.5 Stars and really the half star deduction is because that cover is F.U.G.L.Y.

Denied this ARC which goes to show that the powers that be don’t know me too well, because THIS mah fah was a squicky trainwreck that I absolutely could not put down. My librarian always got my back, though ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment