Monday, August 6, 2018

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han


35380161
3 Stars




“It was a summer I’d never, ever forget. It was the summer everything began. It was the summer I turned pretty. Because for the first time, I felt it. Pretty, I mean. Every summer up to this one, I believed it’d be different. Life would be different. And that summer, it finally was.”

Obviously I was not the target demographic for this story, but lemme tell you, it doesn’t even matter. I was all like . . . . .



And totally channeled my inner teenie bopper.

I actually ended up downloading The Summer I Turned Pretty after deciding I needed to read To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before when I discovered it was a Netflix movie. (Of course because it is now a Netflix movie I’m like 17th on the wait list for it.) I read this back-up plan straight through and thought it was a quality summer-fluff type of read. While I am most definitely not a fan of book series that continue on (and on) and prefer my “series” to be so in name only while following new characters, that’s really my only gripe. I highly doubt there’s enough content/plot to continue this book for two more books, but luckily my inability to DNF does not mean I feel compelled to read this through to completion. If you are a fan of YA who wants to read about summer lovin’ and don’t mind a super cliffy ending, this might be the perfect selection for a day when . . . .



(Except that might have to be a cold ROOT beer if you’re actually the age group this book was written for. #momsays)

No comments:

Post a Comment