Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

6583255
5 Stars

I am now so far behind in reviewing that all of my read-but-not-yet-reviewed selections can't fit on my home page. Bonus this go 'round is somehow I didn’t even manage to mark this one down as something I was reading at all (#failure). 

But wait, you ain’t seen NUTTIN’ yet. Not only have I never read Dexter, but I have never seen an episode of the highly acclaimed television series either . . . . 



Yeah yeah yeah . . . . 



Since I am so late to this party, this won’t be much of a review (so unusual for me, right?). Instead, it will probably read like a love letter to my Darling, Dreamy Dexter . . . . 



Boy is THAT an understatement!!!



In case you too have recently emerged from cave dwelling and now mingle with the masses, the story here is of Dexter Morgan. His day job is in the forensics department with the Miami police force (specialty blood splatter - come to momma), but it’s what he does off the clock that makes things real interesting . . . . 

“What are you?” Father Donovan whispered.
“The beginning,” I said. “And the end. Meet your Unmaker, Father.”
 


Some of you might be thinking “not a man of the cloth?!?!?!” To which I say OH YES A MAN OF THE CLOTH. See, this is one of those priests that you sometimes see on the nightly news who totally had it coming to him. Such is the case with all of Dexter’s victims. You see, a superbadawful happened to Dexter when he was a wee little boy. When the Morgan family took lil’ Dex in as a foster child, pops Harry realized pretty early on that there was something off about the boy . . . . 

“I’ve been expecting this. What happened to you when you were a little kid has shaped you . . . But you can channel it. Control it. Choose – . . . choose what …. or who … you kill . . . There are plenty of people who deserve it, Dex.” 

So that’s it. Dexter solves crimes by day and rids Florida of human waste by night. He’s my lobster because . . . . . 



We’re in love and we’re going to get married. You’re all invited to the wedding. Hopefully there won’t be a hurricane in the middle of the ceremony . . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment