Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Juliet by Anne Fortier

6718608
3 Stars

EDIT: Because LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Palm Springs commercial photography

I won! It's a major award!

Palm Springs commercial photography
 
“Everything we say is a story. But nothing we say is just a story.”

What can I say about Juliet??????

Palm Springs commercial photography

Well, yeah. That sums it up pretty precisely. Juliet begins with the MC Julie mourning the death of the aunt who raised her and the shocking discovery that said aunt left her estate to Julie’s twin. The only thing left to Julie? A key to a safety deposit box in Siena, Italy. (Don't worry - Julie's not a total butthole. She's just always believed the estate would be divided 50/50 and this new revelation comes as a shock.) Left with no other option, Julie packs it up and heads off to claim her inheritance. Upon arriving in Italy, Julie discovers what she has really been left is something known as “Juliet’s Eyes” and also discovers the classic tale of Romeo & Juliet might not have been fiction. It is up to Julie to unravel the mysteries of the past as well as her part in it.

So like the gif above said, if you enjoyed The DaVinci Code . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

Oh stop with the disappointed judgey face. The son-of-a-bitch didn’t sell eleventy trillion copies by Dan Brown buying them all. Like I was saying, if you enjoy Brown’s books, this one will be right up your alley. As you can tell by my rating, I liked it just fine and the blurb isn’t lying when it says the writing is beautiful. The main problem I had was it was just soooooo long for not a whole lot of action. Yes, there was “intrigue” and the plot was “intricately woven” but (much like with Brown’s works) sometimes it felt as though I was on a Tour of Italy and just wished the book would get to the point already. I guess I’m just a dummkopf who likes more action with my historical intrigue . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

*shrug*

This was the FINAL selection for the library Winter Reading Challenge. You can bet your ass I’ll be floating this review once I pick my awesome limited edition beer mug.

Palm Springs commercial photography

In the meantime, go read Shelby’s review. It’s super insightful ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment