Monday, November 2, 2015

Wigfield by Amy Sedaris, Paul Dinello, and Stephen Colbert

10175
3 Stars
 
I had actually been trying to score a copy of Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America for quite some time, but since my library hates me it still doesn’t have a copy. When I read the synopsis for Wigfield and saw the attached $2.00 price tag at my local Half Price Books I figured what the heck. After all . . .

Chicago commercial photographers

and this book was almost guaranteed to contain all of the above.

Since this little diddy was written by the Strangers With Candy group of misfits, I also had a bonus of being fairly certain I would not hate it. And hate it I didn’t. I mean, you really can’t go wrong with a Stephen Colbert/Amy Sedaris combo. They’re both comedy geniuses and Sedaris also brings the sexy . . .

Chicago commercial photographers

Wigfield is the story of – well, Wigfield. A tiny little hamlet nestled in the shadow of the Bulkwaller Dam. It’s the story of how a “town” banded together in order to save itself from eminent domain. It’s a story about the people . . .

Chicago commercial photographers

their homes . . .

Chicago commercial photographers

and their businesses . . .

Chicago commercial photographers

It may not have been a real life-changer, but after reading a couple of “thinking” books my brain hurt and I needed a break. If satire is your idea of a good time and you have an extra couple of bucks burning a hole in your pocket the next time you’re at HPB, Wigfield might be a story for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment