Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios

21469068
5 Stars
 
Commercial Photography

Seriously. I just gave a romance novel all 5 Stars. I think that’s a first. I need a second to recover.

Commercial Photography

Now before anyone gets all up-in-arms, please note that I rate books for their specific genre and don’t attempt to compare apples to orangutans. And this little apple? Well, it was bright and shiny and without a flaw when it comes to my idea of a nice little romantic story.

Commercial Photography

Skylar Evans has had one goal her entire life – to get out of her small, rundown hometown of Creek View, California and start her life. With high school graduation behind her, Skylar is only three months away from her big escape . . . but when her mother loses her job and begins drinking, Skylar realizes she may have no choice but to stay. There’s also the added complication of Josh Mitchell. Once co-workers and friendly acquaintances, Josh is now back from the military – minus a leg but with a much better personality, and Skylar finds herself doing the thing she swore she’d never do . . . fall for a Mitchell.

^^^That’s a terrible synopsis. It makes this book sound so hokey and unreadable. Just trust me when I say it’s not. I’ll Meet You There was such a pleasant surprise. I’m not a big romance reader to begin with, so I have really high expectations for stories like these if they hope to receive more than 3 Stars from me. Skylar and Josh were such great characters and the plotline was completely believable. It was so easy to route for them and fall in love along with them. I’ll Meet You There was heavy on story and light on the smexy times. It was a book that pretty much promised a HEA and it did it so well. There was no lag time, at no point did I wish I could just hurry up and finish. And while the writing occasionally ventured into the typical sickeningly-sweet romance variety, it made me awwwwwwwww instead of hurl . . .

"I ran my fingers along the raised letters on the dog tags that spelled out all the pertinent information the military needed about Josh. But the important stuff – how he watched out for me, how good he was at chess, the way he always hit his knee when laughed – they weren’t the sort of things you could stamp onto a thin piece of metal.”

Skylar and Josh also share a love for the magic and wonderment which is Top Gun. For that, I am eternally grateful ‘cause it gives me an excuse to do this . . .

Commercial Photography

and this . . .

Commercial Photography

and this . . .

Commercial Photography

and this . . .

Commercial Photography

Using Archer gifs in a romance review. Ha! Who’d a thunk it?

Commercial Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment