Thursday, December 18, 2014

Snowmen At Night by Carolyn Buehner (pictures by Mark Buehner)

Snowmen at Night
4 Stars
 
WARNING: THIS REVIEW ISN'T WHAT I'D CALL "CHILD FRIENDLY"
It's a snow day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commercial Photography

See. True story. That's my backyard.

Like every other snow day, I was woken up this morning AN ENTIRE F-ING HOUR EARLIER than our regular school-day "get up time" by a couple of screaming banshees. The youngest bounded out of his room hollering his plans to build an epic snowman . . . which reminded me of this little story.

"One wintery day I made a snowman very round and tall. The next day when I saw him, he was not the same at all."

Snowmen At Night tells what happens at night (duh) to the snowman you built during the day. The story is adorable, the artwork is quality . . . .

Commercial Photography

and apparently? It is terrifying. When he was just a wee little lad, my youngest had a problem realizing that this:

Commercial Photography

was actually true.

Rather than thinking how fun it could be for snowmen to have adventures like this after he went to bed:

Commercial Photography

my kid had visions of these guys tromping up the steps to kill him in his sleep:

Commercial Photography

Boy am I glad that phase is over. Seriously, who's afraid of a little ol' snowman? They're not only friendly, but they offer some sage advice as well . . .

Commercial Photography

And if they give you trouble? It's pretty easy to destroy them . . .

Commercial Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment