Friday, September 26, 2014

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

4.5 Stars

You want a REAL review about Slaughterhouse-Five? Then I recommend reading what Richard or Dan had to say. I have owned this book for years and finally read it months ago - because Richard cyber-bullied me into it ; ) - but have been at a loss of how to express my thoughts. After reading Dan’s review I dug up the notes I had made to myself, and this is what I found:

“I'm glad I didn't read this back in high school when it was assigned. I was such an a$$hole and would have never realized I was reading something great.”

Yep, that about sums it up. I opted not to read Vonnegut because I just knew I was soooooooo much smarter and more awesome than he could ever dream to be. I’m fairly certain I chose a Hemingway novel instead (God, I was such an idiot – I totally deserved the punishment of having to muddle through that tripe).

Anyway, hopefully you either aren’t currently an a$$hole or have outgrown the phase of a$$holery you went through as a teenager and will opt to pick Slaughterhouse-Five up some time for a read or a re-read. I think you’ll find it’s well worth your time.

And so it goes . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment