Monday, September 29, 2014

Keep Your Friends Close by Paula Daly

1 Star
 
WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS - BUT I’M DOING YOU A FAVOR BY SAVING YOU FROM READING A GIANT CRAPFEST
Sometimes it’s perfectly A-okay to judge a book by its cover. The cover of Keep Your Friends Close should have been my first clue that I would not end up raving about the high quality of the book. Oh well, live and learn.

The remainder of this review is brought to you by



Seriously. This book was like the worst of the worst of Lifetime movies . . . or maybe on an episode of Sally Jesse Raphael back in the 80s. Only on those programs are you told of the story of a happily married couple who receives a visit from an old college pal only to have said friend look for the soonest opportunity possible to drop to her knees and “pleasure” her bestie’s hubs in the kitchen with such prowess he IMMEDIATELY falls in love with her, kicks the old ball and chain to the curb and lets the new bimbo grift the hell out of him.



And guess what else? She might have done it B – E – F – O – R – E - ! ! ! ! !
 


The only good things I can say about Keep Your Friends Close? It was short and I read it fast. This is my second attempt at Pauly Daly and I’m pretty certain it will be my last . . . Unless I have an exceptionally bloaty-feeling, mood-swinging couple of days and opt to crack open a book rather than watching movie classics such as “Death of a Cheerleader” or “Co-Ed Callgirl”.

No comments:

Post a Comment