Monday, May 13, 2013

Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler

Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea

4 Stars - Read January 11, 2013

A collection of short stories from Chelsea Handler about her family, love life and career (many of which are booze-inspired - per the title). 

I was practically kicking and screaming while checking this book out from the library.  I despise Chelsea Handler.  I can't stand the sound of her voice and looking at her makes me want to punch her in the face.  I can't think of one other famous person who makes me react this way.  Why the F would I want to read her book?  Well, because I'm a sucker for peer pressure.  Everyone else was reading it and said it was hilarious.  I have to admit, they were right.  It was funny.  Like heaven help me I've had two kids and sometimes the giggles might result in me pissing myself funny.  I tried to watch her show again after reading this and I still wanted to jump through the set and rip her face off.  I even tried a viewing of "After Lately" rationalizing my addiction to reality television would overpower my hatred.  Wrong.  I'll just stick to the books (secret confession - when I read I picture Elizabeth Banks telling me the story instead of Chelsea Handler).

No comments:

Post a Comment