Monday, January 27, 2020

Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente


24886019. sy475
5 Stars


“Magic is just a word for what’s left to the powerless once everyone else has eaten their fill.”

First things first . . . .



Are you fucking kidding me right now, Goodreads???? Go home, recommendation feature. You. Are. Drunk.

If you couldn’t tell by the title, this is a retelling of the classic. Some changes include Snow White not being quite the damsel in distress the original made her out to be, but instead . . . .



The seven dwarfs not be dwarfs at all, but rather ladies of il repute . . . .



The goings on behind the evil stepmother's magic mirror confirming once again . . . .



And an ending that will leave you saying . . .



And left Mitchell and I like . . . .



I probably never would have read this one had I not asked for recommendations in order to complete the library challenge. Many thanks to my pal Vivian for putting it on my radar. It’s getting all the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment