Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli

36256402
3 Stars

Meet Leah . . . .

“I’m basically your resident fat Slytherin Rory Gilmore.”

You may remember her from the most perfect of all teenage romance books . . . .



Now it's Leah's turn to find love and let me tell you, it’s kind of impossible not to enjoy her . . . .

“I want to know who you like.”

“Trick question. I hate everyone.”


Teenagers are sure to love Leah on the Offbeat. Since I am old and bitter it was just okay for me. Seriously though, it’s really hard to make lightning strike twice and recreate the magic which was Simon. Also as a geezer it’s pretty clear that this won’t be a story that stands the test of time well as it is very “now” (for lack of a better term) when it comes to music/movies/fashion/etc. references. If you know me you know that I don’t often read sequels so that should be enough of a ringing endorsement for this one. And really, who wouldn't want to spend more time with these kids????

No comments:

Post a Comment