Friday, April 8, 2016

A Study In Emerald by Neil Gaiman

6599565
1 Star
 
My immediate reaction upon finishing this shorty . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

When a German noble goes missing, it’s up to everyone’s favorite sleuth Sherlock Holmes Who to solve the case . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

Left with a clue written in the victim’s blood . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

No, wait. That’s not right. Oh yeah, it was Rache. The consulting detective and our narrator discover there might be more to this mystery than meets the eye . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

And I didn’t get it. Why did everyone love this? I’m so dummmmmmmmbbbbbbbb (*insert sad face*).

The couple things I did like were the olde timey newspaper layout and the advertisements interspersed throughout . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

But the story? I didn’t much care for it at all. Good news is, it not only has an eleventy trillion rating on Goodreads but it also won some smarty farty award, it’s free so errrrryone can read it (and read it right instead of wrong like me) HERE, and it’s Gaiman so I will gladly keep lapping up his Kool Aid even though this one was a fail for moi . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

No comments:

Post a Comment