Friday, April 11, 2014

What I'd Say to the Martians (and Other Veiled Threats) by Jack Handy

3 Stars
 
One of my fondest childhood memories is spending Saturday night at Grandma and Grandpa’s house and staying up late to watch Saturday Night Live. A million few years later, I remain loyal to SNL – I’m just old now, so the correct name for Saturday Night Live would be something along the lines of Sunday Morning DVR.

SNL has a history of producing superstars,

(Note: I’m calling out Aidy Bryant as the next best thing. She brings the LOLz errry week)

but after 39 seasons on the air, one genius is seldom mentioned anymore. That would be Jack Handy. Lowbrow humor at its best – What I’d Say to the Martians was perfect to fill in the gaps and start me off fresh in between reading a real piece of garbage, a couple of downers, the millionth book in a series and one that I’m still not sure if I liked or hated. Perfectly stupid – I laughed again and again and realized that little did I know way back when how useful Jack’s SNL advice would become or that I'd so quickly jump to read his books.

Jack has helped me learn how to release my anger without going to prison . . .


and with child rearing . . .


and just how to be a better person in general . . .


The perfect coffee table book for those of you who have a sense of humor that leans more than a bit to the demented side.

No comments:

Post a Comment