Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Chase by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg

2.5 Stars

Kate O’Hare and Nick Fox are paired up once again for Book #2. This time, the duo needs to swap a forged national treasure, currently held in the Smithsonian, for the real deal which was stolen by Carter Grove, a former White House Chief of Staff turned thief.



But Kate and Nick can’t just let it go with the return of the stolen property. They aim to finally put Carter Grove behind bars. What better way to out crook a crook than by pulling off an elaborate art heist and selling Grove the stolen wares?



“Hi, my name is Kelly and I’m addicted to Janet Evanovich novels.”



Stop judging me.

I’m almost positive these books contain subliminal messages that force me to keep reading them. Me, the woman who almost always refuses to read Book #2 in a series has read TWENTY Stephanie Plums plus the “in between the numbers”, and all of the Wicked, Metro Girl now these O’Hare and Fox books (and yet another Plum is already in the works for release in June). I have a problem and I think there might only be one way out . . .



Do you ever get the feeling you’ve been some place before?



But when you look a little closer you realize that the houses aren’t quite as nice as you remember or the people don’t look as friendly? That’s kind of how I feel about O’Hare and Fox. Kate is smart, Fox is sexy, but they just aren’t as fun as the people I’m used to. Stephanie, Ranger, Joe and Grandma are old friends I like to visit from time to time. O’Hare and Fox are a little too polished and take themselves way too seriously, which kind of defeats the purpose of reading fluffy crap. However, I guarantee I’ll read the next one. And the one after that. And the one after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment