Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Throttle by Joe Hill and Stephen King

4 Stars
 
If you’re a “Constant Reader” you should already be well aware of the fact that Stephen King knows how to do a story about a semi . . .

Commercial Photography

Commercial Photography
(and a vending machine – Ha! That scene still cracks me up)

What happens when you add a little Joe Hill to the mix? You get a motorcycle gang too . . .

Commercial Photography

It seems the Sons of Anarcy Tribe has found themselves in a bit of trouble and it just keeps escalating. After a failed attempt at creating a meth lab and an even bigger failure of collecting answers/money owed, the boys are hightailing their way across the Nevada desert. When they stop at a local diner to hash out their next move, their not-so-law-abiding conversation is overhead by a trucker, who then spends the next 20 miles trying to eliminate the gang one by one.

Talk about full throttle. This little story is the epitome of the term “action packed.” Not only does the chase pack a wallop, but the fleshing out of characters and them dealing with their inner demons in such a short tale is remarkable. Joe Hill and Stephen King writing together is the greatest combination to happen since someone’s chocolate fell into someone’s peanut butter.

Commercial Photography
(^^^^ERMAHGERD!)

Where was I? Oh yeah, this story I’m supposedly reviewing. Anyway, it’s short, it’s gross, it’s good and it’ll give you a little mindf*&^aroo at the end. I think this one could have received all 5 Stars from me if the dynamic duo of King and Hill had given it an extra 25 pages and let us into the world of not only the bikers, but also the semi driver . . .

Commercial Photography

And given the opportunity to present us with a complete book rather than a story???? I’m fairly certain they could have really twisted things around and had me routing for the bad guy : )

Commercial Photography

Oh, and because Anne dared me to find a way to put semi-naked men in my next three reviews I say CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!

Commercial Photography

It even ties in with the whole biker theme. I’m amazing!!!!

Also, Praiz said she loves Jax and Opie and requested pics of both . . . Sidenote: I asked my husband about this ‘cause I don’t watch Sons of Anarchy and he said Opie is dead and has been dead for quite awhile. I don’t know about having a crush on a zombie motorcycle gang member (that seems extremely hazardous to your health), but I’m a giver ; )

Commercial Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment