Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead by Olga Tokarczuk


42946966
1 Star

So I accidentally did a thing today and read the Nobel Prize Winner for Literature without knowing that’s what I had chosen until I started it. All I knew beforehand was that title was pretty much giving me life. And now I’m done and all I have to say is . . . . .



Who sits on the board or whatever it is that decides who gets this award? PETA????

If you know me you know I’d usually rather do anything than talk about politics. The one thing I enjoy even less? Having a political agenda forced down my throat via Fiction. As a meatasaurus I really wasn’t on board with the message that hunting (for FOOD – not sport) is evil. Yeah, sorry bruh, not gonna happen.

Go read Sam’s review if you want more words. All I can say is this one was not for me.

And before any of you vegan treehuggers get your panties in a twist due to my strange addiction as pictured in my profile, rest assured that they were like adoptions from the local animal shelter. I was raised with a hunter and have eaten my fair share of meat not purchased at the local grocery, but all of my “friends” who reside in my reading room were castoffs and rejects acquired from thrift stores and consignment shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment