Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Apartment by S.L. Grey

29663071
2 Stars

Last night the unthinkable happened . . . . .



I’m left with a book I read over a week ago that I won’t remember reading given another couple to review and really only one thing on my mind to say to anyone reading this: Dear America . . . .



And also to Hillary Clinton: YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT RIGGING ELECTIONS!

Alright, so The Apartment has been categorized as Horror, but for most fans of that genre you’re probably going to find it bigly not horrifying. The plot of the story is Mark and Steph were victims of a terrifying break-in and have had a hard time getting back to normal ever since. The couple decides a vacation from their problems might fix what ails them and uses an “airbnb” sort of house-swapping site. Confession time: This one kind of lost me immediately because even when I’m not reading a horror novel my mind immediately thinks this type of house swap would really end up being this when I reached my destination . . . .



It doesn’t take long for Mark and Steph to realize something is off about the apartment and from there you end up with a typical storyline of . . . .



My friend Char has written an actual review that pretty much sums up all of the problems I had with this story. My only word for this one at the given moment is MEH.

No comments:

Post a Comment