Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

2.5 Stars

Wren and Charlie meet at an inopportune time. They are both graduating high school and heading separate ways. Charlie will be attending Georgia Tech and Wren will be headed to Guatemala to volunteer for a year with a Peace Corps type organization. This book follows their summer spent together – falling in love and questioning when will it end, or can it really be infinite?
 
Okay, this is a solid 2-star book, but I’m giving it an extra half star just for the title and cover. Shallow, much? Yeah, totally, but tough cookies. The title and cover are what hooked me to begin with. Although this is definitely a "teen" type of book, please note there is …. how should I put this? Uhhhhh …. penetration????? involved so I wouldn’t let super young kids read it. In a nutshell, if you loved "Say Anything" you will probably love "The Infinite Moment of Us". The only change is the soundtrack. Rather than Peter Gabriel, the musical backdrop is Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros:
 
"Well holy moly me oh my
You’re the apple of my eye
Girl I've never loved one like you
 
Man o man you're my best friend
I scream it to the nothingness
There ain't nothing that I need
 
Hot and heavy pumpkin pie
Chocolate candy Jesus Christ
Ain't nothing please me more than you
 
Home, let me come home
Home is wherever I'm with you"

No comments:

Post a Comment