Monday, September 9, 2013

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris


4 Stars

I've actually expressed my deep, unconditional love for David Sedaris on this site before. With this re-read I realized my love might be a tad unhealthy. You see, last week I was reading this book while a character on a sitcom was reading "When You Are Engulfed In Flames". Rather than being happy that Sedaris was getting quite decent free press, I could only think of the masses of sheer IDIOTS who might venture out to Amazon, purchase something by my true love and then post scathing reviews (with pitiful spelling and punctuation, no less), thus breaking his heart. With that in mind, I beg of you, dear Goodreads members, to read and post about my darling David as much as you wish, but please - don't tell your halfwit Cousin Carl about him. Smart writers are already a dying breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment